Monday, February 4, 2013

The Craft

Sorry for being absent all this time.  I didn't die, I'm just slowly adjusting from vacation that ended a month ago.  I'm pretty lousy at maintaining things.  I even had a bonsai plant die on me once, if that's  not a nurturing quality, then I don't know what is.  I've been in a rut lately.  I think I skipped this phase when I was fourteen, 60 pounds heavier and watching Degrassi re-runs at 4 a.m.  Never mind the mega hiddyness I just painted in your mind, on to the clothes.

This was just for fun when I went to my friend's house for a little shindig.  I caught up with my friends and asked my gorgeous friend Amber to model some of my garments :) Last time I saw her, she was blonde hahaha.  Time sure does go by!  This was her first time doing this and I must say, she can scowl with ferocity for DAYS!

I didn't have a plan for this shoot and I'm not even close to being decent with photography.  It was just a good time with friends and you know what it was worth the freezing, nipple stiffening temperature that morning.  She's wearing the clothing I designed in collaboration with my friend  Joco and his stunning shoes.  I watched "The Craft" and thought Amber was perfect to recreate Nancy's vibe of 90's goth girl look.  If you haven't watched "The Craft"  you haven't LIVED!

This is just a screen scrap of the film.  Nancy is the on in latex :)  I was aiming to have the same vibe in the photos I took.  I took the pictures and styled the looks. I'm not much of a stylist, but I do get very particular with how my garments look.  I hope you guys enjoy the pictures :)






The clothes look so different when they're being worn by Americans :o  They look intimidating.  I love Amber's ferocity here.  I wish I could visit more often and have her model all my clothes hahaha.
 I noticed that at certain angles she kinda looks like a punk/goth Taylor Swift hahahaha.  *Amber if you're reading this, don't take it the wrong way hahaha.


This is an old dress I made.  It was my first project I made  with an interlock.  It's a trapeze dress made with heavy weight Jersey.  It's so freaking heavy hahaha.  I printed on the white circles for the mod look, but when I look back, I could have done it faster and neater hahaha.  The giant Muffler was made by wonderful friend and  knit artist, David.  He's really amazing and fast when It comes to knitted goods.  I wanted to steal it, but I doubt It would be cold enough here.

The fur coat was a gift from a friend.  Yes, I have worn it in public, and no, no one splashed red paint on me.  I love how My friend's backyard looks like Jurassic park.

Btw, it really WAS freezing.  I'm getting goosebumps just imaging myself there.  Who needs to huff bleach when you an imagination.

 The muffler was big enough to make a protective hood :3  Ugh that bastard was cozy

If you have any inquiries about any of the looks, feel free to contact me or leave a comment.  I'd love to hear from you!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Those pictures came out so pretty!
    I was worried my yard would be too janky XD

    Those dresses and Ambular look amaaaazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah yay! thanks for letting me use your backyard :3
      Ambular was working it for DAYS!

      Delete